My approach makes use of different body-mind techniques and practices. I give Individual Sessions, Group Classes and Specialized Workshops in the USA, South America Europe and Asia. I can work with you in English, Spanish, or French.
An Integrative and Individualized Approach
The work we will do together will be based on exploring how you can find your way to feel better and how I can support you in your healing process through the expression of your thoughts, feelings and emotions. Your whole self is the combination of your mind and of your body. The expression of your emotions, feelings and sensations through exercises involving your body, your breathing and your voice will be a fundamental aspect of the therapy.
As a Psychologist and Psychotherapist, I witnessed how body and mind are strongly interconnected and how the therapeutic process needs to involve both aspects in order to be effective. The foundation of our well-being is a result of the integration and harmonization of body and mind components. The academic research I have been conducting for several years has deepened my reflection on the connection between mind and body and convinced me even more completely.
I work with adults as well as with children, teenagers and elderly people. My experience with people of different ages, cultures and needs has given me the expertise to adapt the therapy to the person I am working with. I also believe that psychotherapy is a collaborative process in which you need to be respected in your needs, desires and rhythm of personal growth. I am here to facilitate your process and to provide you a support all along your active and personal search for well-being.
We’ll work on:
- Uncontrolled Emotions (Anger, Fear, Sadness, Guilt, Shame, Worthlessness, Failure)
- Stress, Anxiety, and Panic Attacks
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Disorder
- Management of Work Pressures
- Hyperactivity, Attentional disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Issues, Eating Disorders
- Children and Teenagers Issues (Learning Issues, Bullying, Conflictive Relationship)
- Elderly Issues (Aging, Loss of Physical Autonomy, Cognitive Dysfunctions)
- Desire of Knowing Yourself Better
- Emotional Balance
- Recovering of Strength and Energy
- Self-Assertion and Self-Confidence
- Individual and Social Well-Being
Feldenkrais and Qi Gong
Body Awareness Through Movement
Awareness Through Movement®, Functional Integration® and Qi Gong work on the interaction between body and mind are at the center of the method. Through gentle, guided movements, you will learn to better sense your body in motion, learn how you organize your whole self and take pleasure in experiencing ease of being. Focusing on your physical sensations and learning to consciously perform specific movements, you will develop a skillful awareness of yourself, improve your physical health, learn to trust your own abilities, and strengthen your cognitive capacities. Various scientists have now proven that in order to have a healthy nervous system, it is fundamental to design training in which the whole body is involved. For the prevention or rehabilitation of physical and cognitive dysfunctions, for the improvement of the body in motion, either in daily life or for sport or professional purposes, the Feldenkrais Method will give you the tools to sense and organize yourself in a more appropriate, functional and efficient way.
My personal experience and training to become a Feldenkrais Practitioner has led me to experience how the integration of body and mind are fundamental for our well-being. My conviction led me to conduct a research in collaboration with the University of Almería (Spain) to investigate the effects of the method on cognitive functions (attention and memory) and motor abilities (balance and coordination). I received my certification as a Feldenkrais Practitioner with the New York Feldenkrais Institute.
We’ll work on:
- Mobility, Flexibility, and Better Balance
- Secured Self-Esteem and Reduced Anxiety
- Improved Motor Coordination,Prevention of Falls
- Pain Management (arthritis, rheumatism, fibromyalgia)
- Physical Rehabilitation (tear, bones issues)
- Rehabilitation after a Stroke, Cerebral Palsy
- Dyslexia, Attentional disorders
- Health and Well-Being
- Sport and Self-Improvement / Self-Coaching
- Aging and Self-Care, Parkinson and Alzheimer Diseases
- Infants and Children Psycho-Motor Development
Fitzmaurice Voice Work
Voice, Breath, and Body
The Fitzmaurice Voicework® helps us to connect more fully with our inner voice and therefore express ourselves with a sense of pleasure and grounding. The method, created by Catherine Fitzmaurice, was originally developed to help actors use their voice more effectively. Because this approach improves a full embodied presence and enhances the connection between oneself and others, it is now used for a broader variety of individuals, with a wide range of needs and aspirations, from personal growth to public speaking, from speech rehabilitation to vocal awareness.
Fitzmaurice Voicework® explores the dynamics between body, breath, voice, imagination, language, and presence. Integrating physical experience and mental focus, the work develops vibrant voices that communicate intention and feeling without excessive effort. Since breath and voice lie at the intersection of body and mind, this work can also assist the process of creativity, mindfulness, and healing.
Destructuring, the first phase, promotes awareness of the body, spontaneous and free breathing, vocal expressivity, and presence, through Tremorwork® and sometimes hands-on interventions. Tremorwork® encourages students to allow uncontrolled shiver-like oscillations to flow through their entire bodies, making chronic tension blocks apparent and helping to release them. Restructuring, the second phase, encourages economy of effort while speaking or performing, using modified bel canto techniques and Catherine’s “focus line”. The resulting freedom and focus allow for a wide range of vocal expression without physical strain. Indeed, the growth of an effortless and meaningful vocal presence will allow the student to communicate more efficiently, be heard and listened to with more attention.
We’ll work on:
- Breath and Vocal Presence
- Self-Awareness and Grounding
- Communication Skills at Work and in Family
- Assertiveness and Self-Confidence
- Increased Self-Esteem
- Emotional Awareness and Self-Regulation
- Adolescence and Self-Expression
- Vocal Rehabilitation and Speech Reeducation
- Vocal Exploration and Full Aliveness